Thursday, July 26, 2012

My two newest pieces are currently on view at Values Into Action in Media, PA.  I am one of the Media Arts Council featured artists this month.  Most of my other pieces are also there until the second week of August.  Values Into Action finds services for people with disabilities that enable them to live more independently.  The clients are linked with training, housing and assistance tailored to their needs.  Stop in if you get a chance.




"Thirty-Six Reasons" completed last month, grew out of some musings at a VERY slow sale I participated in recently.  Having lots of time to look at my merchandise, I wondered what an array of pieces that size, 2 x 2 inches, would look like as a piece.  And here it is.




Many years ago I read the myth about the rescue of Theseus from the labyrinth of the Minotaur by Ariadne and her trick of using a thread to mark the way back out.  Sadly, Theseus ran off to new adventures, leaving Ariadne behind.  The story stuck with me and became part of my mythology.  I've tried several times to create an image about that story.  "Ariadne Betrayed" combines the myth and my own related experiences.

UPCOMING EVENTS:  Showing in Lansdowne next month at Sycamore BYO as part of a preview of artists' work being offered at the Lansdowne Arts Festival September 7, 8, and 9th at the Twentieth Century Club.  I'll be at that Festival selling my work.

In November I'll be back in Lansdowne as part of the "A Bit of the Arts" show and sale, again at the Twentieth Century Club on Thanksgiving weekend, Friday 11/26 from 6-9 pm and Saturday 11/27 from 10 am to 4 pm.

I'll be posting some new work for the sales very soon.

Thank you all for your interest and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment