Friday, June 29, 2012

Help bring the sketchbook project to michigan

http://www.sketchbook.com


This is a fun opportunity to make your own 'book'.  Based in Brooklyn, the books made each year travel to a variety of exhibit locations.  Philadelphia has not yet been on any of the yearly tours.  Hopefully this year!  I participate in 2011, see previous posting.  I recommend it highly to anyone who doodles, pastes, draws, or does any kind of creative work they can fit into a booklet--fold out pages welcome.  This isn't just for 'professional artists.'  I did it as a personal challenge, to see if I could, and it helped me dig deeper and work harder.  I came through the project with a very personal autobiographical series of works, "Mystery Maps," and a renewed appreciation for my own skills.  Creativity grows your brain!

No comments:

Post a Comment