Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Posting a few newest pieces.  It's been a busy couple of months in the 'lab'.  One piece was prepared for an exhibit it's showing in currently.  The 'theme' of the show, "Spring," inspired this piece called "Planting Time."  Lots of types of seed.  I actually researched!


Represented are seeds from pine, juniper, oak, wild and white rice, onion, garlic, pumpkin, alfalfa, cocoa, poppy, almonds, coriander, pistachio, macadamia, peanut, three types of lentils, peas, corn, lax, holly, horse chestnut, cherry, zinnia, mango, sweet gum, honey locust, maple, morning glory, apple, red kidney beans, black beans, lima beans, coffee, pepper, and grapes.

I'm including a few detail images:




Also completed this month is a piece titled, "In The Beginning".  Those of you who have seen my earlier work will recognize some of the motifs.  This image is more personal and inexplicable.  I don't question, I just draw.


Pardon the quality of the photographs.  Photography and canvas stretching are not parts of art making I enjoy.  Though I do love to take pictures and horde them whenever possible.

The last piece I offer at this time is a bowl.  Part of an unintended series in orange, black and olive green with circles and stripes.



I hope these items might bring you a taste of the enjoyment I have had in making them.


No comments:

Post a Comment